OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM UNIVERSAL HOTELS ON THE CRISIS OF COVID-19
Dear Universal family,
At Universal Hotels we place the safety, health and well-being of our customers and employees at the top of our priorities.
After the declaration of the State of Alarm by the Spanish government, we have been forced to take the appropriate measures, by closing down our hotels Universal Hotel Lido Park, Universal Hotel Marques and Universal Hotel Don León. We would like to thank all our employees for their sacrifice and effort, the authorities and the partners for their collaboration, so that the closure of the hotels could be carried out as quickly as possible. All guests and employees are at home healthy and safety.
We commit ourselves to do everything possible to collaborate in the rapid resolution of the situation created:
• We have decided to delay the opening of our hotels to later dates, once the sanitary restrictions are removed.
• Since the beginning of the pandemic we have implemented strict hygienic and safety protocols, in cooperation with the health authorities at all times. The employees at the head office are now working remotely.
• We keep our customers, employees and collaborators informed at all times of any new developments in the situation through social networks, emails, website and call center.
Finally, whether you have a current reservation with us or you are planning to stay in our hotels on future dates, we want to offer you the flexibility to enjoy your holiday as soon as we get back to normal.
• If you have booked directly with us, we offer you the flexibility to cancel all reservations up to the entry date 30 April free of charge or to change them and to accumulate the amount for future dates.
• Contact us at any time, either by email firstname.lastname@example.org , or by phone to ask any questions. We kindly ask you to be patient, we will attend you as soon as possible.
• If you have booked through a tour operator or an online travel agency, please contact them.
Since the foundation of Universal more than 70 years ago, we have taken care of our guests and employees as what they are, a family. Our entire team is striving to overcome this circumstance in the best possible way so that now and in the future you will continue to enjoy the best experiences in our hotels. Mallorca will continue to await your next visit.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have booked through a tour operator or agency that is not our website www.universalhotels.es, please contact them directly.
How long will Universal Hotels be closed due to force majeure?
Currently the mandatory closure of all hotels in Spain is held up to 12/04/20, according to current health restrictions. The Universal hotels plan to reopen as soon as possible after the quarantine period has passed. However, you can check our website and search for availability of your selected hotel to see the first available date.
What do I have to do if I have a reservation for a date during the quarantine period?
If you have a valid reservation with stay during the alarm period, contact us at email@example.com and we will offer you to modify it for an alternate date or refund the amount paid if you prefer.
What happens if I have a reservation after the quarantine period and then it is extended?
Universal Hotels currently offers the possibility of modifying reservations with a stay until 31/05/20 for a later date within the same year, even if the conditions of the rate do not allow it. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will inform you regarding the options.
Can I book for dates after the quarantine?
Yes, you can book for a date after the state of alarm period. Please check the availability on our website. We offer flexible rates, which you can cancel free of charge up to 7 days before arrival.